Entering 2016, there was no doubt that Flash was going to have a major impact on the 2016 datacenter. This is happening even faster than any of us may have expected. Q1 at DDN has already seen a rapid acceleration of Flash storage systems in three key areas:
- Rack Scale Flash Systems – DDN Infinite Memory Engine (IME), introduced in November 2015, was the first rack scale flash solution to begin shipping, ushering in the next generation of solutions for big data and high-performance analytics. IME delivers extreme performance, low latency and high-density to the most performance hungry applications on the globe. Developed by DDN from the ground up to leverage the full native performance of NVMe and/or SAS SSD devices on an embedded PCIe Gen 3 fabric, IME provides low latency application and database acceleration.IME goes beyond just the rack scale flash hardware benefits by also providing intelligent application optimization and file system acceleration. The result is up to 10x application runtime acceleration, as high as 100x file system acceleration and IO acceleration up to 1000x.
- Datacenter Flash Storage – DDN SFA14K delivers more than 6 million IOPS and 60GB/sec in 4U with low latency. Capacity can be over 1PB of Flash in same form factor. Optimal for use as a low latency network drive, for database acceleration, to enable Big Data analytics or for the most intensive HPC workloads, SFA14K enables high performance, low latency applications.SFA14K changes the datacenter architecture bringing the most powerful technology into easy to deploy, integrate and support solutions. Offering connectivity options from Gb/E, FC or Infiniband to the new Omni-Path from Intel, SFA14K is simple to add to your datacenter environment.
- Software Defined Flash Acceleration – SFX is a multipurpose data center tool to leverage the best of SSD in any workload. SFX:
- caches frequently accessed data sets in the fast SSD tier of a hybrid storage solution to significantly speed up read intensive application performance in environments such as Genomic or Oil & Gas.
- populates the SSD tier with new writes to “warm-up” cache as well as accelerate subsequent reads for read after write performance boost in Content Distribution and Streaming environments.
- allows applications and file systems to send down “hints” to the storage system programmatically or via command line providing the best possible storage acceleration by eliminating the need to “guess” what the IO pattern will be upon deployment.