ANYANG CITY HALL
Anyang is a city with a population of 620,000 located 15 miles south of Seoul, South Korea. Its City Hall houses the administrative offices of municipal government and employs approximately 100 in IT. Recently, City Hall launched a major initiative to tackle urban street crime, slash traffic congestion, and beef up the city’s disaster response capabilities. The first step was to combine the city’s crime prevention and disaster management systems into a single infrastructure, deployed and managed in the city’s brand new Integrated Operations Briefing room.
- Rapidly deploy an intelligent video surveillance system with hundreds of high-definition digital video cameras across the Anyang metropolitan area.
- Link cameras to servers running video recording and analytics software in City Hall’s Integrated Operations Briefing room.
- Deploy a storage solution that provides the highest possible throughput and performance and can scale rapidly to ingest and store hundreds of streams of high-resolution video.
- Half a Petabye of DDN Storage
- Highest scalable capacity in the densest configuration in the industry.
- 460 1TB hard disks, system is scalable to 1,200 drives in 2 racks or 4.8PB.
- Enabled a successful video surveillance solution deployment.
- 1,867 video streams investigated, 83 crimes resolved.
- Faster response times for traffic accidents, hit and runs, and stolen vehicle recoveries.
- Enhanced crime suppression.
- Plans for future video surveillance system expansion.
- Scaled to 1,300 cameras in two years with the lowest possible additional cost and capacity to spare.
- High-performance SATA drives provide top performance at half the price of competing solutions.
- 6GB/second throughput and superior quality of service to eliminate dropped frames, delays, and data corruption.
- Capable of withstanding multiple storage system errors or loss of an entire disk enclosure without performance impact.