“Reducing the time to move 4K video clips from an hour to 10 minutes is the order of magnitude in speed improvement we needed to meet an incredibly tight deadline. Without DDN, we couldn’t have pulled off this project.”
Kollins communications produces sophisticated retail TV videos for consumer electronics leaders such as Samsung Electronics USA that demonstrate the latest features of their televisions and other products sold at Sears, Best Buy, Fry’s and club stores. As time is of the essence in promoting new consumer electronics, Kollins often operates under extremely tight deadlines to produce videos in the most advanced formats, including 4K ultra-high definition (UHD) with high dynamic range (HDR). Editing camera footage using high-res 4K images enables Kollins to evaluate and adjust picture quality issues in real time, and allows Kollins to speed the process of working with very large, complex digital imaging files.
Read their success story to learn how Kollins Communications leverages DDN MEDIAScaler™ to meet the turnaround requirements of its customers and deliver digital media content featuring the most advanced capabilities and cutting-edge technology solutions.
|Richard Martin of Kollins Communications
In this video from NAB 2017, Richard Martin, president of Kollins Communications, discusses how DDN helped them meet their requirements to produce 4K video clips under incredibly tight deadlines.
- Extremely tight deadline to produce 20+ 4K videos in four weeks
- Need to reduce time required to transfer files between editing stations
- Demand to stream three, uncompressed 4K video files simultaneously for a video display
A single, powerful storage solution for end-to-end media workflows, scaling seamlessly in capacity and performance to meet the most stringent video production demands
- Ability to reduce video file movement between editing stations from one hour to 10 minutes proved pivotal in meeting tight deadline
- Industry leadership reinforced by ability to expedite end-to-end media content workflows
- Scalable, high-performance storage supports desire to push the envelope in UHD, 4K and HDR video production capabilities
- Single solution for end-to-end media workflows
- Ability to scale non-disruptively to 100 GB/s of bandwidth performance and PBs of capacity