Industry: Media Broadcast
Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment (MLSE) is the owner and operator of the Toronto Maple Leafs NHL® team, the Toronto Raptors NBA® team, the Toronto FC MLS® team, the Toronto Marlies AHL® team and Leafs TV, Raptors NBA TV, as well as the Air Canada Centre, home to both the Maple Leafs and Raptors.
- Create a central media repository to store and archive all of its digital broadcasting workflow, from production and ingest through editing, post-production and play-out.
- The Central Storage project needed a storage system that could support a wide variety of devices and software packages, including ingest devices, editing stations running Apple Final Cut Pro and Avid, as well as play-out servers from Harris.
- Integration with a Digital Asset Management (DAM) solution, which would be implemented during the second phase of the project.
- Enable full connectivity and content sharing between heterogeneous systems, and allow them to work simultaneously, at full speed, without dropping frames or causing delays.
- MLSE implemented a DDN file storage system, a high-performance, high-capacity storage solution, enabling real-time workflows and long-term content archiving.
- An easy to manage storage system that allowed MLSE’s production and broadcasting professionals to have real-time access to digitized content, bringing productivity and workflow efficiencies, and accelerated return on assets (ROA).
- With the highest storage density and lowest power consumption, the DDN solution dramatically lowered operating costs and use of datacenter floor space.
- Flexible and scalable content repository that is enabled for future storage capacity and performance demands.
- Solution delivers performance that not only enables all applications and systems to reliably work in real-time, but also provides plenty of room for growth for future performance needs.