Industry: Media Broadcast
SPEED™ is a member of the Fox Cable Networks family and the nation’s first and foremost cable television network dedicated to motor sports and the passion for everything automotive. From racing to restoration, motorcycles to movies, SPEED delivers quality programming from the track to the garage. Now available in more than 78 million homes in North America, SPEED is among the fastest-growing sports cable networks in the country, home to NASCAR® on SPEED and an industry leader in interactive TV, video on demand, mobile initiatives and broadband services.
- Design a file-based workflow solution for SPEED
- Address requirements to move from SD to HD content throughout the process, ingesting content directly into the Storage Area Network (SAN), creating low-res copies for easy editing, production and advanced editing.
- Support Dalet transfers to and from video servers while enabling 75 concurrent Dalet users to go about their everyday tasks, from logging content to rundown preparation.
- Rapid turnaround time required the complete system to be on air in a brand new, purpose-built, 55,000 square foot facility within a few weeks of engaging DDN.
- Fox and SPEED chose DDN and Dalet as the technology providers for the Broadcast workflow, leveraging approximately 100TB of scalable, broadcast-quality storage.
- The DDN storage system supports nearly 200 clients in this environment, including a large number of Windows clients and gateways for Dalet clients and processes along with more than a dozen Final Cut Pro Editing Bays.
- The easy to manage DDN file storage system enables SPEED’s production and broadcasting professionals to have real-time access to digitized content, bringing productivity and workflow efficiencies, and accelerated return on assets (ROA).
- With the highest storage density and lowest power consumption, DDN storage dramatically lowers operating cost and use of datacenter real-estate.
- Provides a flexible and scalable content repository that is already enabled for future storage capacity and performance demands.
- The guaranteed, predictable high performance characteristics of the solution enables SPEED to use all applications and devices in a real-time broadcasting workflow, without worrying that one application may cause disruptions such as dropped frames or delays.