Industry: Media Broadcast
Starz is a leading provider of premium subscription video programming through its flagship STARZ® and ENCORE® pay TV networks, which showcase premium original programming and movies to U.S. multichannel video distributors, including cable operators, satellite television providers and telecommunications companies. As the largest pair of premium flagship channels in the country, STARZ and ENCORE served a combined subscriber base of 56 million subscribers in 2012. Along with Starz’s MOVIEPLEX® network, the company airs more than 1,000 movies and original series each month.
- Underlying demand for a highly reliable, powerful broadcast delivery
- Managing and distributing content at performance SLAs to provide the highest quality customer viewing experience
- Scaling for dynamic, unpredictable data growth
- Legacy storage infrastructure lacked scalability, performance and reliability
- GRIDScaler, a premier parallel file-based appliance solution for Media & Entertainment, powered by the SFA10K storage system, all managed in a single view by DirectMon™.
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership
- Significantly lower cost per TB
- Cost-effective scaling with “Pay-as-you-grow” model
- Decreased storage footprint, power & cooling
- Synchronous replication with two “hot” active/active sites
- Consistently predictable performance: real-time performance engine alleviates concerns about failed encodes, time-consuming transcodes and dropped frames
- Accelerates current digital media workflows by eliminating bottlenecks & leveraging maximum performance
- Increases storage capacity and significantly improves performance and resiliency