Industry: Life Sciences
The Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the performance of groundbreaking research with life changing results. Research at TGen is focused on developing earlier diagnostics and smarter treatments for diseases such as cancer, neurological disorders and diabetes. Arizona State University is partnered with TGen to provide a state-of-the-art computational facility as ASU’s support for TGen’s genomics research mission.
- Challenged to scale file I/O performance to keep up with next-generation sequencing technology, TGen required a new storage approach and scalable computing cluster for genome sequence alignment.
- TGen deployed a high-performance DDN ExaScaler File Storage system featuring the DDN storage system and the Lustre File System.
- By deploying the DDN ExaScaler solution, TGen eliminated I/O bottlenecks and now has in place a storage solution for that supports the needs of tomorrows’ sequence alignment.
- SOLiD sequencers to increase workflow output and lower sequence run costs
- Dell PowerEdge servers
- TGen now has infrastructure that scales easily as science accelerates – allowing them to focus on translational research, not computer design.
- Turn-key solution combines the DDN’s award winning array platform technology with a fully optimized and integrated Lustre file system, delivering unrivaled cluster file storage performance and cost-effective HPC storage.
- Scale simply and efficiently with any new requirement without requiring a forklift upgrade.