Industry: Life Sciences
Tokyo Institute of Technology (TiTech) is the largest institution for higher education in Japan dedicated to science and technology. TokyoTech’s Education Academy of Computational Life Sciences (ACLS) (Director: Yutaka Akiyama, Professor of Graduate School of Information Science and Engineering) unique curriculum trains students and researchers in both Life Science and Computer Science with access to the world famous, award winning, TSUBAME 2.0 supercomputer.
- The Education Academy of Computational Life Sciences wanted a cost effective, highly reliable storage system to cope with the data growth of their data-driven education and research initiatives.
- 3 WOS 6000 120TB each
- 3 WOS Cloud Servers
- Access Methods: iPad, iPhone, PC Client, WebDAV, S3
- All researchers, at both sites, have immediate access to the latest versions of scientific data, enabling distributed users to collaborate as part of a powerful team, speeding discovery.
- Personal Cloud Storage Service completely under their control – and in their data center –provides secure file sharing and storage for its researchers and students.
- The distributed environment is managed as a single entity, lowering IT costs
- WOS high density storage nodes reduce power and cooling costs
- Behind the firewall security, high density, modular scalability and S3 compatibility
- Easy file storage and sharing between the PC’s, iPhones and iPads used throughout the organization
- Multiple copies of data will be replicated between sites for both disaster recovery and low latency access
- WOS self-heals from data corruption and disk failure