Industry: Academic Research
With more than 47,000 students at its main campus in Tampa and three satellite campuses in St. Petersburg, Sarasota, and Lakeland, the University of South Florida (USF) is the ninth largest university in the United States. It also attracts scientists and researchers from around the world. USF is classified by the Carnegie Foundation as a leading research institution and is ranked ninth among all universities worldwide in the number of U.S. patents it generates according to the Intellectual Property Owners Association. USF is also one of the nation’s top centers for treatment of Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and Huntington’s diseases.
- Challenged to keep up with demand for research computing services.
- Parallel file storage system was bursting at the seams from excess amounts of data.
- DDN storage system.
- Leverages the industry’s highest scalable capacity and density.
- DDN-supported Lustre-based parallel file storage system.
- Strong ROI preserves budget that can be directed to other computing resources.
- Industry-leading Lustre support guarantees technology investment.
- Reduced management demands.
- Robust data protection and availability features of S2A6620 ensures high uptime and access to critical research data and applications.
- Reliable and self-healing storage system
- Designed and optimized specifically for mixed workloads, the S2A6620 delivers best in-class throughput and IOPS coupled with an ultra-dense, compact design.