WEILL CORNELL MEDICINE
“If you need something really fast, that has a proven ability to do the job but won’t destroy your budget, DDN always delivers a great value.” — Vanessa Borcherding, WCM’s director of scientific computing
Based in New York City, Weill Cornell Medicine (WCM) has a long history and proud legacy of ground-breaking biomedical research and world-class clinical care. Approximately 250 researchers from 50 labs take advantage of the organization’s High-Performance Computing (HPC) capabilities to drive a never-ending stream of scientific discoveries that ranges from basic research to integrated systems biology, molecular dynamics, and genomics. However, keeping pace with an accelerating data growth while accommodating special data protection requirements had proven daunting.
Read WCM’s success story for details about how their deployment of a robust DDN solution not only efficiently and cost-effectively managed their surge in data growth but also improved accessibility for collaboration among their researchers.
|HPC Storage at Weill Cornell Medicine, Challenges Today and Tomorrow - Video
In this video from SC16 Vanessa Borcherding presents: "HPC Storage at Weill Cornell Medicine, Challenges Today and Tomorrow"
- Keeping pace with accelerating data growth from varied research taxed existing storage infrastructure
- Growing requirement to safeguard sensitive research data
- Management of end-to-end data lifecycle became burdensome as global research collaborations increased
DDN’s GS12K® high-performance storage and WOS object storage appliance
- Simple, fast and safe access to more than 4 PBs of dedicated storage to keep pace with growth while easing data lifecycle management
- Seamless support of GPFS 4.1.1 with optional file-based encryption enabled mixed-protection support on single, centralized platform
- Fuels an endless stream of scientific research and discoveries, encompassing somatic cancers, precision medicine, precision wellness, disease surveillance, bioterrorism threat mitigation, and large-scale health management
- Enables scientific collaboration with labs around the globe to build the world’s largest knowledge bases to fight disease
- DDN storage delivers best performance-price ratio for superior value
- Optional encryption gives researchers flexibility to safeguard data as necessary
- WOS object storage ideally suited to facilitate large-scale, global research collaboration