Industry: Media Broadcast
Founded in 1992, WRN Broadcast is a leading international broadcast managed services company that offers a range of broadcast services to its global client base, including SD and HD playout, content management, satellite and fibre distribution, VoD, OTT, IPTV and mobile solutions, data centre services, channel management and a London-based Media Village which includes studio and media office space. Its clients include: Top Up TV™, MTV® Arabia, Africa’s second largest Pay TV platform Zuku™, and MBC™.
- In order to facilitate rapid growth of 30% year-on-year, over the last two years alone, as well as plan for future expansion, WRN Broadcast needed to replace its existing storage solution with something more flexible, scalable and absolutely secure.
- WRN Broadcast purchased the high density DDN SFA solution with 100TB storage.
- The installation process was very smooth, with no disruption to the day-to-day running of WRN Broadcast, and the system fitted seamlessly into the company’s existing workflow with hardly any reconfiguration or new procedures required.
- Data was migrated to the new system over the course of a week while systems were reconfigured in the background.
- The implementation of the DDN storage solution has allowed the company to quadruple the amount of work it can process in a 24 hour period.
- Top-end equipment now can perform at optimal levels, which gives a huge boost in productivity at no additional cost.
- Improved storage’s performance
- Reduced bottlenecks in workflow