The 2014 International Supercomputing Conference (ISC) was a roaring success and was a great opportunity for us to interact with our customers and the greater HPC community. At the show we showcased DDN’s technology leadership and vision for accelerating and scaling your end-to-end Supercomputing storage environment. Contact us to learn why we are the preferred choice for storage in Lustre® & GPFS™ environments and how 2/3 of the Top100 Supercomputers are powered by DDN® storage.
ISC 2014 Highlights
DDN Wins the 2014 ISC Vendor Showdown
Molly Rector, chief marketing officer helped DDN win a consecutive live vendor showdown in front of an audience of about 500 users. The showdown required each vendor to deliver a 5 minute HPC vision presentation and then field four live questions from a panel of experts. DDN was voted by the users in the audience as the winner for delivering the best vision for the HPC market. Learn more about DDN’s awards and accolades.
Announcements and Coverage
- DataDirect Networks helps EMSL at PNNL Speed Climate, Energy and Bioscience Discoveries with High Performance, Massively Scalable Storage
- HLRN Achieves 400 Percent Performance Acceleration and Full Campus Wide Collaboration Using DDN Storage Systems
- DataDirect Networks Announces Industry’s First Federated Tiering Capability for Both DDN Lustre and GPFS Environments
- DataDirect Networks Achieves 188 Percent Sequential Growth in Key Enterprise Big Data Markets Where HPC Technology Becomes a Must Have
- NCSA Builds High- Performance Storage Solution Powered by DataDirect Networks
- Complete DDN media coverage at ISC 2014
Next-Gen Burst Buffer Caching Technology with Infinite Memory Engine (IME)
IME™ burst buffer Exascale caching technology is a high-transactional, resilient and reliable cache for High Performance Computing and Big Data. IME Extracts the best performance efficiency across the I/O hierarchy, increasing system reliability multifold, while reducing Exascale I/O TCO by $100Ms. IME will enable you to architect for Exascale performance with 90% less hardware, space and power over today’s storage system constructs. Learn more about IME.
Storage for Lustre® and GPFS™
Driven by your application, data protection and budgetary requirements, DDN File Systems support Lustre® and GPFS™, preloaded onto racked servers or embedded right inside the storage controller’s virtual machines.
DDN USER GROUP
DDN hosted European HPC community colleagues and DDN Executive and Technical Leadership at the DDN User Group at ISC’14. DDN user group meetings are an opportunity for customer to directly communicate with DDN about our product line and service offerings. It also offers users a chance to talk with others in the community about how they use DDN solutions to solve tough HPC problems. Watch the recorded presentations: