“With our SAS GRID solution (on DDN GRIDScaler) we achieved 452% faster workflows across the board—some applications were even higher. We also went from over 100 [SAS] servers to 16 for the entire enterprise.”—John Eubanks, Systems Engineer V, Fannie Mae
In Financial Services, data capture, algorithmic trading, backtesting, risk management, pricing and fraud detection, competitiveness depends on speed and volume.
Hedge funds, proprietary trading ﬁrms and major banks are discovering that DDN’s massive parallelism, real time architecture and ability to scale up or out deliver:
- More test iterations, against more data in less time for more profitable trading strategies… Faster
- Calculate VaR for Thousands of securities in seconds for accurate, actionable intra-day risk measurement
- Faster, consolidated analytics for mixed IO for in-transaction “envelope” fraud identification
See DDN’s audited STAC Research benchmarks that show DDN delivering performance up to 5x faster than Flash using a hybrid storage approach for sustainable, scalable and cost effective performance.
Fannie Mae: Strengthening the US Housing Finance System Through Faster and More Accurate Risk Analytics by RichReport
- A Large U.S. Proprietary Trading Firm consolidated Kx® servers for 10x faster performance than NAS and cost-effective, scalable support for multiple functions in a multi-tenancy environment using GRIDScaler
- A Well-Known Online Payment Service used DDN’s 2 -7x Hadoop® performance advantage to reduce fraud detection times for credit card transactions to under 200ms – stopping $100s of Millions in credit card fraud per year.
- Investment Banking Arm of a Large International Bank scrapped their high-end enterprise SAN because it failed to scale and was operating at only 1/3 desired performance after 1 yr in operation. Moving to GRIDScaler reduced key analytics tasks by up to 80%.
RESOLVING TICK DATA STORAGE CHALLENGESOur SFA Architecture is designed to scale over 1TB/s and support 10/s of petabytes of storage capacity in a
compact and energy efficient data center footprint