DataDirect Networks Appoints Industry Veteran Molly Rector as Chief Marketing Officer to Lead Global Market Expansion
New Leadership Brings Expertise to Broaden Market Adoption in Cloud, Big Data and Enterprise IT
DataDirect Networks (DDN) today announced the appointment of the company’s first Chief Marketing Officer. With nearly 15 years of experience working in HPC, Media and Entertainment, and Enterprise IT industries, Rector has joined the DDNTM team to expand the adoption of its strong product portfolio to new markets.
“Cloud, Media and Entertainment, and Enterprise IT environments are now grappling with the same massive compute and data management demands that HPC technology was designed to address,” says Rector, “The DDN product line that has fulfilled the needs of several Nobel prize winners and the HPC market solves the needs of a much broader industry in 2014 and beyond due to massive data growth and demand for data analytics.”
Rector’s experience in HPC and the new markets DDN is focusing on will help to accelerate 2014 company growth and product adoption. Rector is a founding member and currently serves as Chairman of the Board for the Active Archive Alliance. She is also the Storage Networking Industry Association’s (SNIA) Vice Chairman of the Board and the Analytics and Big Data committee Vice Chairman.
- Molly Rector is joining DDN in the newly created position of Chief Marketing Officer reporting directly to CEO Alex Bouzari. She replaces Jeff Denworth who is leaving the company to pursue other opportunities.
- In addition to her thought leadership experience, Rector brings a wealth of ‘challenger brand’ marketing knowledge to her role as the leader of DDN’s worldwide marketing and product management programs. At DDN, Rector will be responsible for providing customer and market input into the company’s product roadmap, raising the Corporate brand visibility outside traditional markets, expanding the partner ecosystem and driving the end-to-end customer experience from definition to delivery to ensure customer delight.
- Prior to joining DDN, Rector was responsible for product management and worldwide marketing as CMO at Spectra Logic. During her tenure at Spectra Logic, the company grew revenues consistently by double digits year-over-year, while also maintaining profitability.
Alex Bouzari, chief executive officer, DDN
- “I am delighted to welcome Molly to the DDN family as we engage more closely with our customers and partners to scale their businesses. She is a strategic, results-driven marketing leader with the unique credentials we were looking for in a CMO. Her success in enabling technology companies to integrate their marketing and sales efforts to achieve maximum results, while disrupting the competitive landscape and delivering a great customer experience is well regarded.
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is the world leader in massively scalable storage. Our data storage and processing solutions and professional services enable content-rich and high growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver business results from their information. Our customers include the world’s leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, media production, and security and intelligence organizations. Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN’s solutions have been designed, engineered and proven in the world’s most scalable data centers to ensure competitive business advantage for today’s information powered enterprise. For more information, go to www.ddn.com or call 1-800-837-2298.
©2014 All rights reserved. DDN is a trademark owned by DataDirect Networks. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
DDN STORAGE TV
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute @ DDN’s Best Practices for Big Data in Genomics Workshop 2015
- Children's Mercy Hospital Kansas City @ DDN’s Best Practices for Big Data in Genomics Workshop 2015
- University of Oxford @ DDN’s Best Practices for Big Data in Genomics Workshop 2015
- German Cancer Research Center @ DDN’s Best Practices for Big Data in Genomics Workshop 2015
- Weill Cornell Medical College Qatar @ DDN’s Best Practices for Big Data in Genomics Workshop 2015