DataDirect Networks Big Data Storage Products Earn Top Honors with Unprecedented Six HPCwire Readers’ and Editors’ Choice Awards
DDN Bests Previous Year’s Record, Maintaining Position as Most Recognized Storage Company in HPCwire Award History with 19 Lifetime Wins
- DataDirect Networks (DDN) has been awarded an unprecedented six awards for the annual 2013 HPCwire Readers’ and Editors’ Choice Awards.
- DDN’s new SFA7700™ hybrid flash storage appliance also made a strong debut this year, garnering accolades as the Best HPC Storage Product or Technology and also referenced in conjunction with a customer deployment at the Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC).
- Winning three HPCwire Readers’ Choice Awards for its already highly-awarded flagship SFA12K® appliance, the HPC community has again recognized the leadership of DDNTM Storage Fusion Architecture® (SFA) technology for scale-out and high performance computing. These include:
- Best Use of HPC Application in Manufacturing: HLRS Stuttgart University using DDN ASCS for solving large scale problem resolution.
- Best HPC Collaboration between Government and Industry: Ford Motor Company using Cray “Jaguar”, powered by DDN for CAE and CFD Simulation and Storage.
- Best Use of HPC in Financial Services: PayPal using DDN with Big Data analytics for detection and prevention of fraud during PayPal transactions
- DDN’s SFA12K also received two Editor’s Choice Awards including:
- Top Supercomputing Achievement for Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC) “Stampede” using DDN among other technology partners to support a comprehensive petascale science environment.
- Best Use of HPC in Oil & Gas for its critical supporting role in BP’s new Center for High Performance Computing in Houston—the world’s largest supercomputer for commercial research, which facilitates geophysical big data processing and management.
Massively Scalable Platforms and Solutions for Cloud and Big Data Applications
- The SFA12K is DDN’s signature appliance for massively scalable, parallel file systems and archive environments, offering best-in-class IOPS efficiency, performance, ease of management, density, and low TCO.
- The SFA7700 is a midrange clustered fully integrated 4U hybrid flash storage appliance that allows users to start small and scale linearly as performance and capacity requirements grow. For cloud use cases, the SFA7700 instantly enables global collaboration and cost efficient archives to seamlessly migrate data to a DDN Web Object Scaler (WOS®) public or private cloud.
Jeff Denworth, VP of Marketing, DDN:
- “We are honored to see this strong, sustained validation from the HPC community for DDN’s SFA product portfolio. With six awards this year, we’re delighted to say that this recognition affirms our company vision, strategy and execution – DDN big data storage continues to be the choice for organizations dealing with scale out, performance intensive challenges. We are extremely proud of our HPC heritage and remain committed to solving these and other challenges that our customers face not just today but also into the exascale era.”
Tom Tabor, CEO, Tabor Communications, Inc.
- "The awards represent the highest level of recognition given by the high performance computing industry to it's own. It's an honor to for me to acknowledge the contributions made by DataDirect Networks in the development of new products and technologies that will ultimately benefit mankind. On behalf of HPCwire readers worldwide and our editorial team, we extend our warmest congratulations to everyone at DDN, whose hard work and dedicated effort resulted in outstanding achievement over the past year."
- Connect with DDN at SC13
- More on this year's HPCwire awards
- More on DDN’s SFA family of storage products
- More on DDN WOS Cloud and Object Storage
- For more information on the HPCwire Readers’ Choice Awards, contact: Caroline Connor at 510-387-5838.
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is a leader in data center infrastructure for Big Data and Cloud Storage applications. Our data storage and processing solutions and professional services enable content-rich and high growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver results from their information. Our customers include the world's leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, financial services, media production, and security and intelligence organizations. Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN's solutions have been designed, engineered and proven in the world's most scalable data centers to ensure competitive business advantage for today's information powered enterprise. For more information, go to datadirect.wpengine.com or call 1-800-837-2298.
©2013 All rights reserved. DDN, Storage Fusion Architecture, SFA12K, and WOS are trademarks owned by DataDirect Networks. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.