DataDirect Networks and Hyve Solutions Ink Deal to Release Industry’s First Enterprise OCP-Compliant Webscale Object Storage Appliance
Available Directly from Hyve Solutions, DDN’s Webscale Storage Platform Provides Web Applications and Service Providers an OCP-Certified Enterprise Cloud Storage Appliance that Delivers Massive Scale, Energy-Efficiency and Significantly Lower Costs
- DataDirect Networks (DDN) is joining forces with Hyve Solutions, a division of SYNNEX Corporation (NYSE: SNX) and a leader in purpose-built server and storage solutions, to help Web 2.0 enterprises and service providers simplify and accelerate large scale cloud storage deployments, reliably and cost effectively.
- Webscale organizations are seeking an integrated, secure and proven alternative to traditional and home-grown storage solutions that will give them the ability to scale data-intensive applications to cloud proportions. At the same time, they require an infrastructure that allows them to take advantage of the energy savings and cost efficiencies of Open Compute Project (OCP) data centers.
- For the first time, DDN® WOS® object storage software engineered on Hyve Solutions hardware platforms is providing customers an integrated, OCP-ready appliance designed for large data centers and cloud service providers interested in lower CAPEX, OPEX, and unparalleled performance, scale, storage density and efficiency.
- Engineered to work together seamlessly, DDN WOS software on Hyve Solutions platforms offers a secure, efficient and scalable appliance that comes pre-assembled for immediate roll out across large scale data centers.
- Hyve Solutions data center rack infrastructure is a highly efficient open architecture designed to reduce the number of data center components while lowering TCO in the scale compute space. DDN WOS is one of the world’s highest-performance object storage – capable of storing up to 983 petabytes and 32 trillion unique objects with the highest availability and performance to deliver hundreds of millions of objects per second, at the lowest TCO.
- DDN WOS software is available directly from Hyve Solutions on both Hyve Solutions OCP Open Vault hardware and the Hyve Solutions Ambient Series 1312 storage server.
A Secure, Efficient and Scalable Cloud Storage Appliance for Webscale Applications
- An early OCP member, this latest announcement establishes DDN’s commitment to working with infrastructure partners to build next generation storage solutions for the modern data center that deliver performance, scale and efficiency and offer low TCO.
- The joint agreement with Hyve Solutions also builds on DDN’s investment into scalability breakthroughs to support the largest cloud and webscale computing applications, laying the foundation for continued advancement in at-scale, high performance data storage.
- Data center customers can source the DDN-Hyve Solutions platform direct from Hyve Solutions or through authorized Hyve Solutions resellers. To learn more about OCP solutions through Hyve Solutions, visit www.hyvesolutions.com, email email@example.com or follow Hyve Solutions on Twitter at @hyvesolutions.
Jean-Luc Chatelain, Chief Technology Officer, DDN
- “Our mutual enterprise customers want to confidently build the world’s largest data centers and cloud infrastructures that are OCP-ready. With today’s announcement, organizations can reap the benefit of scale and performance of DDN technology, a performance leader in object storage while also benefiting from the unparalleled energy efficiencies and cost savings driven by Hyve Solutions platforms, a leading OCP infrastructure provider to this market. We look forward to working with Hyve Solutions on technologies that accelerate adoption of large scale cloud initiatives.”
Steve Ichinaga, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Hyve Solutions
- “A new class of data center has emerged that is energy efficient and cost effective to build, and customers are now demanding enterprise-class object storage solutions that are proven at scale to meet the demands of webscale applications. The DDN-Hyve Solutions platforms allow organizations to purchase and deploy a new scale of object storage. Collaborating with DDN accelerates this strategy and makes it even easier for organizations to confidently deploy cloud storage infrastructures.”
- More on DDN-Hyve Solutions Platforms
- More on DDN WOS storage
- Learn more about WOS 3.0
- Follow DDN via Blog and Twitter
About DataDirect Networks
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is the world leader in massively scalable storage. Our data storage and processing solutions and professional services enable content-rich and high growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver business results from their information. Our customers include the world’s leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, media production, and security and intelligence organizations. Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN’s solutions have been designed, engineered and proven in the world’s most scalable data centers to ensure competitive business advantage for today’s information powered enterprise. For more information, go to datadirect.wpengine.com or call 1-800-837-2298.
Safe Harbor Statement
Statements in this release that are forward-looking, such as product capabilities and features and the general success of the collaboration, involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, which may cause the Company’s actual results in future periods to be materially different from any future performance that may be suggested in this release. The Company assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements contained in this release.
©2014 All rights reserved. DDN and WOS are trademarks owned by DataDirect Networks. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.