DataDirect Networks Introduces the Industry’s Fastest Big Data Storage Platform – the SFA12KX Appliance Series
DDN SFA12KX Series of Appliances Deliver Extreme Performance at 48GB/s, Helping Customers Accelerate Data Intensive Workflows and Consolidate Infrastructure to Slash TCO
- DataDirect Networks (DDN) maintains its lead in supporting the largest Big Data, High Performance Computing (HPC), Cloud and data-intensive environments with the introduction today of its new SFA12K® X series (SFA12KX), the industry’s fastest family of storage appliance platforms.
- With this latest release, DDN is introducing two new models of its Storage Fusion Architecture® (SFA) technology – the SFA12KX and the SFA12KXE.
- The SFA12KX features the most advanced processor technology and a hyper-optimized operating system to deliver extreme performance at up to 48GB/s and 1.4 Million IOPS from a single appliance, making it the industry leader in all categories of IOPS and bandwidth. This performance boost allows customers to deploy Big Data solutions with the least number of systems – dramatically lowering the total cost of ownership.
- The SFA12KXE leverages DDNTM In-Storage Processing® technology to power DDN’s high-performance EXAScaler™ and GRIDScaler™ parallel file systems, as well as customer applications running natively within the storage array. The SFA12KXE delivers up to 23GB/s of file system performance and eliminates external servers and storage networking for a converged approach that yields significant acquisition and management savings.
- With new capabilities including DDN’s SFX application-aware Flash caching, Real-Time I/O and a unique Storage Fusion Fabric® technology, the SFA12KX series provides customers a trusted foundation for building innovative storage systems that deliver superior performance for the most challenging Big Data workloads of tomorrow at the lowest overall TCO.
SFK12KX Improves Performance, Reduces Cost and Complexity, and Accelerates Time to Innovation
- The SFA12KX appliances use the latest generation of Intel Ivy Bridge family of processors and a hyper optimized operating system to achieve extreme performance targets. This architecture enables customers to build file storage systems that scale to 1TB/s and beyond with as little as 21 arrays, allowing consolidation by as much as 10:1 when compared to competing technologies.
- The additional processing power also gives an added performance boost to virtualized applications running within the SFA12KXE, allowing customers to extract greater efficiencies from their I/O infrastructure, colocate their applications with their data and reduce the cost and complexity of storage by eliminating external server and storage networking layers.
- When combined with DDN’s SS8460 enclosures, the SFA12KX reduces data center sprawl by up to 40 percent as compared to even the highest density storage array offerings and requires 58 percent less space than competing scale-out file storage offerings.
- The DDN SFA12KXE appliance will be available in Q4’13 and the SFA12KX is scheduled for general availability in early 2014.
Jean-Luc Chatelain, Executive Vice President of Strategy and Technology, DDN —(www.ddn.com/blog)
- “DDN’s SFA12KX appliances are the foundation of many of the world’s most demanding and data-intensive environments, each requiring massive performance and scale without high cost. With features such as application-aware Flash caching, Real-Time I/O and in-storage processing, our SFX12KX appliances will perform at up to 48GB/s, making this technology the ideal solution for organizations looking to accelerate Big Data applications and consolidate infrastructure while dramatically lowering the overall cost of data storage ownership.”
- Connect with DDN at SC13
- SFA12KX Datasheet
- SFA12KXE EXAScaler Datasheet
- SFA12KXE GRIDScaler Datasheet
- SFA12KX Whitepaper
- Follow DDN via Blog and Twitter
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is a leader in data center infrastructure for Big Data and Cloud Storage applications. Our data storage and processing solutions and professional services enable content-rich and high growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver results from their information. Our customers include the world's leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, financial services, media production, and security and intelligence organizations. Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN's solutions have been designed, engineered and proven in the world's most scalable data centers to ensure competitive business advantage for today's information powered enterprise. For more information, go to www.ddn.com or call 1-800-837-2298.
©2013 DataDirect Networks, Inc., DDN, Storage Fusion Architecture, SFA12K, In Storage Processing, Storage Fusion Fabric, EXAScaler and GRIDScaler are trademarks owned by DataDirect Networks. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
DDN STORAGE TV
DDN User Webinar Series: January 2015
Learn more: http://www.ddn.com/Watch January’s on-demand webinar to learn how DDN Storage creates business value and bottom line results for our customers. In this month’s edition we cover company and product updates and upcoming DDN user events.