DataDirect Networks Storage Fusion Xcelerator (SFX) Flash Cache Technology Wins Storage Visions Award
in Professional Class System Category
- DataDirect Networks (DDN) kicks off 2015 with industry accolades for product innovation as its Storage Fusion Xcelerator™ (SFX) flash caching technology is honored with a Storage Visions Visionary Product Award in the Professional Class System Category.
- The Fourteenth Annual Storage Visions Conference (partner program to the 2015 International CES) awards were presented last week at the Riviera Hotel Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. The awards recognize companies advancing the state of the art in storage technologies utilized in consumer electronics, the media and entertainment industries, visionary products for the digital content value chain and digital storage end users.
- DDN® SFX software-defined storage is a suite of storage acceleration tools that combine spinning and solid state disk storage media with application aware technology that enables storage systems to load the right data into system cache at the right time and intelligently accelerate block and file-based data access. SFX consists of a pool of SSD flash-based drives that become an extension of the DRAM cache.
- SFX is the only implementation of flash caching that is designed for big data using four innovative modes: SFX Read, Write (Roadmap Item), SFX Instant Commit and SFX Context Commit.
SFX Provides Massive TCO Savings, Flexibility and Performance to Meet Today’s Digital Storage Requirements
- SFX maximizes cache hit rates and delivers quicker time to results at the lowest Total Cost of Ownership for the end customer by reducing the number of spinning disk drives required by up to 80 percent.
- SFX dramatically reduces I/O bottlenecks by providing up to 300x more I/O Operations per Second (IOPS) than rotating media and performs at speeds much closer to RAM, helping to bridge the server-storage performance gap.
- The four SFX modes offer a comprehensive solution, integrating seamlessly with Parallel File Systems to provide fully automated functionality with no manual intervention necessary.
Molly Rector, Chief Marketing Officer, DDN:
“We are pleased to start 2015 with recognition from the Storage Visions Conference award judges for the industry’s most Visionary Product. As the media and entertainment industry grapples with new digital storage requirements, DDN’s SFX technology maximizes cache hit rates and accelerates video access and production workflows. Already an award winning technology, this latest Storage Visions honor underscores our commitment to bringing new enterprise software-defined storage capabilities to the market, and recognizes DDN’s continuous innovation in delivering best-of-class solutions.”
- More on DDN’s Storage Fusion Xcelerator (SFX) technology
- Follow DDN via Blog and Twitter
- More information on the Storage Visions Awards can be found at: www.storagevisions.com
About DataDirect Networks
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is the world leader in massively scalable storage. Our data storage and processing solutions and professional services enable content-rich and high growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver business results from their information. Our customers include the world’s leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, media production, and security and intelligence organizations. Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN’s solutions have been designed, engineered and proven in the world’s most scalable data centers to ensure competitive business advantage for today’s information powered enterprise. For more information, go to datadirect.wpengine.com or call 1-800-837-2298.
©2015 All rights reserved. DDN and Storage Fusion Xcelerator are trademarks owned by DataDirect Networks. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
|DataDirect Networks Storage Fusion Xcelerator (SFX) Flash Cache Technology Wins Storage Visions Award