DataDirect Networks WOS Object Storage Solution Wins Prestigious NAB Best of Show Award
WOS Recognized for Scaling to 10X Higher Capacityi, Reclaiming 40% of Data Center Spaceii and Utilizing 50% Less Poweriii than Competitive Offerings for Active Archive, Global Content Collaboration and Cloud-Based Storage Workflows
- Building on the momentum of this month’s 2014 NAB Show in Las Vegas, April 5-10, DataDirect Networks (DDN) today announced that its WOS® technology has been awarded one of the Media and Entertainment (M&E) industry’s most prestigious technology honors, NewBay Media’s Best of Show Award.
- The Best of Show Award honors a select group of industry-leading products exhibited at the show. DDN WOS was chosen for the award from a pool of hundreds of competing new products.
- As new levels of content resolution including 4K and 48fps become more prevalent, ‘petabyte’ has become the new standard in big media storage. In response to this, digital studios, broadcasters, cable providers and Internet delivery networks are looking for more effective ways to store, archive and distribute data for post-production, Web content delivery and global collaboration workflows, with a goal of faster and more efficient delivery of content, high quality of end services, and maximum profitability.
- DDN offers file and object storage solutions for every part of the content lifecycle with a single, seamless, end-to-end platform. Unlike traditional enterprise storage, DDN™ technology eliminates silos by enabling customers to manage all workflows, all formats, all content and all device types in one place.
- Evaluated by a panel of engineers and industry experts, DDN WOS received NewBay Media’s Best of Show Awards for its innovation, feature set, cost efficiency and performance in serving the industry.
Next Generation Content Solutions for Media and Entertainment
- M&E companies are solving their big media challenges with DDN storage solutions designed for the world’s most content-intensive workflows – from ingest to editing, transcoding, distribution and archiving.
- With its broad portfolio of big data and cloud storage offerings, DDN is giving its M&E customers the confidence that their critical systems and information are protected, improving the delivery of digital content across geographically distributed data centers and addressing the storage and workflow performance needs of broadcast and film and post production organizations everywhere.
- NewBay Media Broadcast & Video Group Vice President & Group Publisher Eric Trabb
“We are enormously proud of our Best of Show recipients. Recognition with an award at the NAB Show from NewBay Media’s Broadcast & Video Group is a strong vote of confidence and admiration from our leading industry publications.”
- DDN CMO, Molly Rector
“As users create, store and share their increasingly high (and higher) resolution content, it is critical that content management and distribution infrastructures have the performance, scalability and cost-efficiency to globally deliver escalating amounts of data at the levels that big media workflows demand. We’ve developed WOS and our other big media technologies in direct response to these evolving post-production, cloud storage and CDN needs. This recognition by NewBay Media’s Video Edge magazine confirms DDN’s broad capabilities in meeting the needs of media and entertainment customers and we are proud to receive it.”
- More on DDN Object Storage
- More on DDN File Storage
- More on DDN’s work with Media & Entertainment companies
- Follow the DDN via Blog, connect with us on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Follow the #StorageForMedia hashtag to join the storage for media conversation
- Subscribe to DDN RSS Feed
About DataDirect Networks
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is the world leader in massively scalable storage. Our data storage and processing solutions and professional services enable content-rich and high growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver business results from their information. Our customers include the world’s leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, media production, and security and intelligence organizations. Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN’s solutions have been designed, engineered and proven in the world’s most scalable data centers to ensure competitive business advantage for today’s information powered enterprise. For more information, go to datadirect.wpengine.com or call 1-800-837-2298.
©2014 All rights reserved. DDN, SFA, WOS, GRIDScaler, are trademarks owned by DataDirect Networks. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
iDDN WOS storage offers 10,000X larger namespace as compared to EMC Isilon
iiWhen comparing the same performance and capacity, DDN storage enables 40 percent more space savings as compared to Quantum
iiiDDN storage uses 50% less power, cooling and rack space as compared to EMC Isilon