Leading Analyst Firm Positions DataDirect Networks as a Challenger in Magic Quadrant For General Purpose Disk Arrays
SUNNYVALE, CA — March 28, 2013
- DataDirect Networks (DDN) has been positioned in the Challengers quadrant in Gartner’s report, ‘Magic Quadrant for General Purpose Disk Arrays’.1
- According to Gartner, “Improvements in scalability, availability, performance and functionality of midrange storage systems have blurred the boundaries between network-attached, midrange and high-end storage systems.”
- This latest report reflects these changes in user buying behaviors and focuses on end-user requirements for storage efficiency and ease-of-use features to meet their increasing Big Data and regulatory needs.
- Gartner describes Challengers in the broad general-purpose disk array market as “…execut[ing] well enough to be a serious threat to vendors in the Leaders quadrant. They have strong products, as well as sufficient credible market position and resources to sustain continued growth. Financial viability is not an issue for vendors in the Challengers quadrant, but they lack the size and influence of vendors in the Leaders quadrant.”
- With over 1,000 customers including some of the most demanding environments in the world, DDN continues to demonstrate an ability to support large scale environments, while investing in its vision with a laser focus on channel partner sales efficiency and support, marketing and R&D.
- Whether customers require massive scalability for cloud storage applications or appliances tuned for Big Data processing, DDN believes its position in the Magic Quadrant showcases the company’s ability to effectively compete and grow revenue in key vertical markets including financial services, life sciences, oil and gas, government intelligence, rich media, and web and cloud properties.
Jeff Denworth, vice president of marketing at DDN:
- “We believe our breakout move into position within the Challengers quadrant for general purpose disk arrays further recognizes our vision, execution and the ongoing adoption of DDN platforms by organizations around the world. As the backbone of some of the world’s largest and most demanding environments, DDN’s innovative technology enables organizations to extract the maximum value from their Big Data to accelerate workflows, gain valuable insight, shorten time to discovery and gain a competitive advantage.”
- Learn more about DDN Big Data Analytics Infrastructure and Scale-Out Storage Appliances
- Learn more about the Gartner Magic Quadrant for General Purpose Disk Arrays
- Follow DDN via Blog and Twitter
- Subscribe to DDN RSS Feeds
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About DataDirect Networks
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is the world leader in massively scalable storage. Our data storage and processing solutions and professional services enable content-rich and high growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver business results from their information. Our customers include the world’s leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, media production, and security and intelligence organizations. Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN’s solutions have been designed, engineered and proven in the world’s most scalable data centers to ensure competitive business advantage for today’s information powered enterprise. For more information, go to www.ddn.com or call 1-800-837-2298.
©2013 All rights reserved. DDN, Storage Fusion Architecture, SFA12K, WOS and DirectMon and Information In Motion are trademarks owned by DataDirect Networks. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
1Gartner Inc., “Magic Quadrant for General Purpose Disk Arrays”, by Stanley Zaffos, Roger W. Cox, Valdis Filks, March 21, 2013
DDN STORAGE TV
DDN Chief Marketing Officer Molly Rector gives a MEDIAScaler overview for POST Magazine at NAB 2105
- 2014 DDN Year in Review: A year characterized by growth and profitability
- Virginia Bioinformatics Institute | Accelerated Ebola Outbreak Response Powered by DDN Storage
- DDN Storage Company Overview – Why High Performance, Big Data Users Choose DDN.
- McGill University at DDN’s Best Practices in Genomics Workshop 2014 #BPGW14