Increased Demand for Video Surveillance Storage Solutions Drives Customer and Partner Momentum for DataDirect Networks as Company Builds on 40 Percent Year on Year Growth
DDN Teams with Bassett Sales to Expand Reach as More Organizations Reap Benefits of DDN’s Massively Dense and Scalable Video Surveillance Archive and High Performance Storage Systems
- With approximately 40 percent sequential year-on-year growth, DataDirect Networks (DDN) is seeing increased traction in the video surveillance market with several new customer wins led by organizations from State and Local Government, Education, Transportation and Casinos. In addition to Maricopa County Sheriff’s Department, new DDN physical security storage wins include Trinity University, Red Wind Casino, Kern County Sheriff’s Department and Turning Stone Casino.
- Along with expanded customer momentum, DDN is also announcing that it is teaming with Bassett Sales Corporation, a premier representative firm for top-tier manufacturers in the physical security market, to deliver commercial security infrastructure solutions that address increasing end user demand for video surveillance archive and high performance storage systems.
- With significant presence in Southern California, Southern Nevada, Arizona and Hawaii, Bassett Sales Corporation delivers infrastructure, security and communication solutions to some of the largest US customers in the Education, Healthcare, Commercial, Transportation, Gaming, Law Enforcement, Critical Infrastructure and Homeland Security markets, and will leverage its presence and expertise in these markets to create new sales opportunities for DDN as the company looks to expand its footprint in the global video surveillance market.
- According to a recent MarketsandMarkets report*, video surveillance storage solutions and services are experiencing rapid adoption in the industry and are estimated to grow at a CAGR of 16.3% over the next four years, reaching a market size of $10.41 billion in 2018, as storage becomes an increasing requirement for surveillance data systems.
- In the current scenario, industry analyst firm, IDC, also expects similar growth and predicts storage revenue share to outpace that of cameras as the storage industry ships more capacity to keep up with a growing number of camera feeds, migration from analog to IP and high resolution cameras, the desire to do more analytics, and the growth in networked video surveillance data.
- By combining high density and efficiency with massive capacity capabilities, DDN® SFA® storage family of 12K and 7700 appliances is ideal for deployments that require secure archiving and rapid access to Big Data such as IP CCTV, sensor and video surveillance systems. With DDN storage for the real-time data capture and video archive of hundreds to thousands of surveillance cameras, customers can capture and record 24/7 activity across multiple sites concurrently, achieving high data availability, simplified storage administration and the ability to scale and manage any amount of footage.
- For more than 15 years, DDN has been delivering the world’s fastest storage solutions for data-intensive workflows, including HD quality solutions to over 600 of the world’s largest media organizations. Mid-range to large scale Video Surveillance solutions have been deployed at leading companies and institutions in law enforcement, corrections, public transportation, retail, housing, hotels, casinos, universities, landmarks and more.
- DDN will be showcasing its video surveillance archive and big data storage solutions in Booth #1555 at the 60th Annual Seminar and Exhibits ASIS International Conference 2014 at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Ga.
Not All Storage Solutions for Video Surveillance Created Equal
- Fusing unprecedented IOPS and bandwidth performance with the most efficient capacity management, the DDN’s SFA product family is the proven storage platform for today’s data intensive applications such as video surveillance and data capture.
- As more organizations look to overhaul their physical security infrastructures to keep pace with the scale, performance and density demands of increasing data storage requirements, DDN’s SFA storage platform provides a high performance solution with massive concurrency and scalability 1000X more than iSCSI to meet surveillance needs today and in the future. Built to manage video surveillance data easily, DDN storage offers the highest levels of efficiency with seamless support for 100s to 1000s of cameras which means security teams can bring more cameras on and expand surveillance hours. With the greatest capacity density and ability to consolidate multiple systems, DDN solutions optimize surveillance storage resources to reduce costs passing cost-savings benefits back to the end user.
- Whether an organization is centralizing a campus solution or deploying a distributed environment to secure a municipality or transit system, DDN ensures that real-time video surveillance storage or archived footage is always reliable and available, enabling organizations to keep pace with ever-increasing data workflow requirements.
Laura Shepard, Director of Vertical Marketing at DDN
- “The increasing implementation of surveillance systems worldwide, along with expanded usage of IP-cameras and higher quality video, is prompting organizations to place more emphasis on video surveillance storage solutions and services to accommodate the explosion in surveillance data. We’re pleased to team with Bassett Sales, a leader in the physical security market, to ensure that customers have the best choice of today’s state-of-the-art storage and security solutions. DDN is uniquely able to address customers’ data-intensive video surveillance workflow requirements with a high performance, dense storage offering that cost-effectively scales to accommodate their most demanding needs. With the ability to easily manage surveillance systems of any capacity size and ensure rapid and reliable data access, DDN is providing safety officials and security personnel with increased capabilities for improved situational awareness, greater collaboration and faster response.”
- About SFA 12K-X
- Watch SFA Product Demo
- More on DDN Video Surveillance Storage
- Solution Brief: Video Surveillance
- Whitepaper: Any Surveillance, Anywhere, Anytime
- Watch the Maricopa County Sherriff’s Office Customer Video Showcase
- Read the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office Case Study
- Follow DDN via Blog and Twitter
About DataDirect Networks
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is the world leader in massively scalable storage. Our data storage and processing solutions and professional services enable content-rich and high growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver business results from their information. Our customers include the world’s leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, media production, and security and intelligence organizations. Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN’s solutions have been designed, engineered and proven in the world’s most scalable data centers to ensure competitive business advantage for today’s information powered enterprise. For more information, go to www.ddn.com or call 1-800-837-2298.
©2014 All rights reserved. DDN, Storage Fusion Architecture and DirectProtect are trademarks owned by DataDirect Networks. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
* ‘Video Surveillance Storage Market by Technology (DAS, SAN, NVR, NAS, DVR, Unified Storage), by Media (HDD, SSD, Optical Drives, Linear Tapes), by Deployment (Cloud, On-Premise) – Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 – 2018)’, Research and Markets, February 2014.
Worldwide Video Surveillance 2012 – 2016 Forecast: A Bright Future with a Long Tail, IDC, 2012, David Reinsel and Christopher Chute