High-Performance Converged Media Storage for End-to-End Data Management
Massive data growth continues to pose significant data management challenges for modern media workflows. Whether it is dramatically accelerating resolution quality to 4K or 8K, rolling IMF (Interoperable Master Format) into content creation workflow, boosting camera counts, increasing frame rates and new format proliferation, the performance and efficiency of every workflow has been pushed to the max—from ingest all the way to archive.
MEDIAScaler: THE SOLUTION FOR END-TO-END MEDIA WORKFLOWS
To overcome never-ending data growth, the MEDIAScaler™ High Performance Converged Media Storage Platform delivers a best-in-class solution that allows you to manage end-to-end media workflows within a single platform—across ingest, editing, transcoding, distributing, collaborating and archiving. Built from the ground-up, MEDIAScaler is simple to install, configure and manage and delivers an all-in-one turnkey solution that overcomes the scale, performance and cost hurdles associated with traditional solutions.
MEDIAScaler delivers high performance and massive scalability necessary for core workflows, scaling to 100s of Petabytes of capacity and 100s of GB/s of performance with simple and cost effective automated tiering to private and hybrid Cloud, Active Archive and tape. With configurations starting at under 100TB, MEDIAScaler scales up or out and provides a wide range of simple and straightforward connectivity options to offer the most powerful media storage platform in the industry.
- Manage HDR, 4K and IMF content workflows on a single platform
- Start at any performance-capacity combination
- High Performance Parallel Workload Client
- Simple to install, configure, manage and grow
- Single Global namespace for ALL your data
THE MOST SCALABLE AND HIGH PERFORMANCE MEDIA STORAGE SOLUTION IN THE WORLD
MEDIAScaler scales simply and cost effectively to deliver the high performance and extraordinary density necessary for core workflows.
It also provides a seamless platform to deliver tightly integrated archives with built-in automated data tiering to private and hybrid (S3 and Swift) Cloud, Active Archive and tape. Designed to meet your unique requirements, MEDIAScaler gives you multiple growth options by scaling up or out, locally and remotely. Designed to perform well beyond Fibre Channel, MEDIAScaler delivers InfiniBand speeds for parallel file system nodes and parallel media client access.
- Scale Effortlessly to 100s of GB/s of performance and 100s PBs of capacity to support 100s of concurrent media streams
- Starts from 80TB to more than 6PB/rack, scaling to over 100s of PB and non-disruptively grows with additional MEDIAScaler building blocks
- Delivers up to 4GB/s single stream performance and scales linearly with parallel workload clients
- Fine-tune performance by mixing SSDs, SATA and SAS in the same single platform— even in the same enclosure
- Minimize TCO with local scale up and scale out options with the industry’s highest storage density storage
- High Performance Parallel Workload Client that scales linearly with client additions
SEAMLESS END-TO END DATA MANAGEMENT
For simple access, MEDIAScaler delivers a range of connectivity options including 10/40/100 Gb/E, Fibre Channel, InﬁniBand and support for protocols such as NFS, CIFS, Amazon S3 and OpenStack SWIFT.
For ultimate control over data proximity and availability, MEDIAScaler provides automated policies that tier data based on your requirements and provides a single ﬁle system view of all data—regardless of location. MEDIAScaler delivers high performance archiving options to seamlessly add Cloud nodes for collaborative workﬂows and high availability. For lower cost archiving, MEDIAScaler also provides the option to add Active Archive and tape nodes for warm and cold data.
- Cloud-Enable workflows by integrating S3, Swift and WOS Rest interfaces
- Collaborate seamlessly to geo-distributed sites with MEDIAScaler Cloud Nodes
- Achieve peace of mind with simplified and automated tape backup, disaster recovery, synchronous and asynchronous replication and erasure coding
MEDIAScaler® Configurations & Specifications
MEDIAScaler is configurable to meet the diverse requirements of any media environment.
- Start from a few GB/s of performance in a single base unit and scale to 100s of GB/s using a building block approach
- Start small and scale to 100s of concurrent media streams
- Capacity starting from 80TB to more than 9PB/rack, scaling to over 100s of PB
- Delivers up to 4GB/s single stream performance and scales linearly with Parallel Workload Clients
|PROTOCOLS||NFS v3, SMB; Linux and Windows Parallel Workload Clients|
|PERFORMANCE||Delivers 100s of GB/s performance & 100,000s of IOPS using a building block approach; single building block delivers up to 42GB/s. Accelerated Performance with Advanced Controller Caching, Software Defined SSDs and all-SSD Options|
|STREAMS||Scales to 100s of concurrent media streams using a building block approach; single building block delivers over 40 4K uncompressed streams|
|SCALABILITY||From 80TB to 100s of PB using a building block approach|
|DATA PROTECTION||RAID 1/5/6; up to 256 Snapshots per Volume – policy driven; Snapshot Rollback; DirectProtect and DirectProtect+; Online and Automatic Storage Rebalancing; High Speed Defragmentation|
|CONNECTIVITY OPTIONS||1/10/40/100GigE Ethernet, 16/32GB/s Fibre Channel, EDR, InfiniBand, Omni-Connect|
|DRIVES SUPPORTED||EDR/FDR InfiniBand|
ACTIVE ARCHIVE & CLOUD
|CLOUD ACCESS GATEWAY OPTIONS||S3, SWIFT, NFS/SMB, Parallel Workload Clients|
|MIN/MAX OBJECT SIZE||512B / 5TB|
|DATA PROTECTION & DISTRIBUTION OPTIONS||Replication (Sync, Async) – up to 4 copies, Erasure Coding w/ Replication, Global Object Assure|
|FULL LIFECYCLE ARCHIVE CAPABILITY||Support of simplified Digital Tape Storage with Linear Tape File System|
|NAMESPACE GROWTH||Simple Non-Disruptive Scaling, Auto-Balance, Online Upgrades|