DataDirect Networks Appoints Bob Merkert Vice President of Federal Sales
Industry Sales Veteran for Enterprise IT and Cloud Storage Joins DDN Leadership Team
- DataDirect Networks (DDN) announced today that it is continuing the rapid expansion of its federal services division with the appointment of Bob Merkert as vice president of Federal Sales.
- With more than 20 years of sales and sales management experience in the IT industry working directly with the government sector and specifically the intelligence community, DoD and civilian agencies, Merkert will lead DDN’s focus on fulfilling government agency needs for HPC, Big Data, Cloud Storage and Video Surveillance.
- Merkert will play a key role on the DDN leadership team, heading up the US federal sales division and overseeing all partnerships, contracts and sales activities in the federal market. His expertise includes IT solution selling with a focus on high performance computing-based systems, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and cloud technologies and their application in the US government.
- Prior to joining DDN, Merkert held an executive sales role at Hitachi Data Systems (HDS), responsible for sales of IT systems and cloud infrastructure to the federal government in one of the company’s fastest growing sales divisions. Prior to HDS, Merkert managed US federal sales of Quantum’s Enterprise sales team. A graduate of the University of Maryland, Robert H. Smith School of Business, Merkert currently resides in Annapolis, Maryland and will head DDN’s federal sales efforts out of the company’s Columbia, Maryland office.
- Paul Bloch, President and Co-founder, DDN
“DDN is ideally positioned to provide focused Solutions to federal government agencies around Big Data, HPC, Cloud Storage, and Digital Security. Bob Merkert joins DDN at a great time, bringing with him more than 20 years of solid customer relationships and experience with strategic installations that will help take our traction in this market to a new level.”
- Bob Merkert, Vice President of Federal Sales, DDN
“DDN is without question one of the most exciting and innovative companies in the HPC and Big Data storage market today. I am excited to contribute to DDN’s successful sales efforts by building on its strong foundation in the federal sector and its proven high performance cloud and big data storage technologies. I look forward to leading a high performing team of seasoned sales professionals that delivers exceptional results.”
- More on DDN’s Leadership Team
- Recent additions to the DDN Management Team
- Follow DDN via Blog and Twitter
- Subscribe to DDN RSS Feed
About DataDirect Networks
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is the world leader in massively scalable storage. Our data storage and processing solutions and professional services enable content-rich and high growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver business results from their information. Our customers include the world’s leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, media production, and security and intelligence organizations. Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN’s solutions have been designed, engineered and proven in the world’s most scalable data centers to ensure competitive business advantage for today’s information powered enterprise. For more information, go to datadirect.wpengine.com or call 1-800-837-2298.
©2014 All rights reserved. DDN is a trademark owned by DataDirect Networks. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.