DataDirect Networks (DDN) Powers 60 Percent of the Top 50 Fastest Computers in the World, More than All Other Technology Companies Combined
DDN Powers 19,500 Teraflops/s of Computing to Top500 Fastest Clusters and Supercomputers in the World, Establishing Unrivaled Leadership in the Petascale Era
CHATSWORTH, CA — (August 17, 2011) — DataDirect Networks (DDN), the world’s largest privately-held information storage company, today announced its continued dominant position in providing high bandwidth, high capacity, massively scalable storage systems to the largest global supercomputers, as ranked by the June 2011 edition of the TOP500® list, available at www.top500.org. As the list of record for the world’s fastest HPC systems, the TOP500 list serves as the industry’s leading barometer of trends and leadership across the clustered computing marketplace.
DDN’s relentless focus for over a decade on solving the toughest problems in computing and Big Data has made it the de facto choice for builders of Top500 systems. DDN delivers more storage systems to the Top500 than all other storage vendors combined and plays a mission-critical role in enabling advanced scientific insight and powering breakthroughs in medicine, physics, energy, and defense.
“Around the world, the brightest minds in government, academia and the private sector safely rely on DDN storage to help find cures for diseases, neutralize threats to national security, uncover the fundamental building block of our universe, and advance research and innovation across all major scientific domains,” said Alex Bouzari, DDN CEO. “We are honored that research, academia and industry turn to DDN more times than to any other technology company in the world when they need to process, store, manage and understand their data and content,” he added.
DDN’s increased adoption by supercomputing leaders is a result of its commitment to deliver the most complete set of high performance storage solutions in the industry. The DDN storage solution portfolio is highly enabling and strongly differentiated by delivering:
- Powering 60 percent of the Top 50 largest systems, more than all other technology companies combined
- Powering over 19,500 Terflops of compute power for the Top500, more than any other technology company
- Powering the highest number of large scale parallel file storage systems
DDN’s achievements in the latest Top500 list include:
- An Open and Fully Agnostic File System Platform: Customers can choose among four world-class file systems, including Lustre and GPFS, which meet the full range of HPC application requirements
- The Highest Performance File and Block Appliance: A single DDN award winning Storage Fusion Architecture (SFA) couplet delivers streaming data up to 14GB/s and over 1 Million random IOPs
- The Best Power Saving and Volumetric Efficiency: DDN delivers 3 times higher performance and 40 percent power savings, with up to 2 Petabytes of capacity per rack, significantly reducing TCO and scale-out costs for HPC data centers
- The Broadest Set of Partnerships: DDN meets any customer demand by partnering and deploying systems with IBM, HP, Dell, Cray, SGI, Bull, Fujitsu and many others (compute);
- Mellanox and Cisco (networking); Whamcloud and IBM (file systems)
- The Most Trusted System Architect Team: With more than a decade of experience and hundreds of successful large scale HPC deployments, the DDN worldwide team of HPC storage and systems architects and engineers design and deliver HPC systems on time and under budget, and better than any other technology company
About DataDirect Networks
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is the world’s largest privately held information storage company. We are the leading provider of data storage and processing solutions and services that enable content-rich and high growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver results from their information. Our customers include the world’s leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, media production organizations and security and intelligence organizations.
Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN’s solutions have been designed, engineered and proven in the world’s most scalable data centers to ensure competitive business advantage for today’s information powered enterprise.
For more information, go to datadirect.wpengine.com or call +1-800-TERABYTE (837-2298).
©2011 DataDirect Networks, Inc. WOS and Web Object Scaler are trademarks owned by DataDirect Networks. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.