DataDirect Networks Expands Worldwide HPC Footprint; Powers Over Two-Thirds of the World’s 100 Fastest Supercomputers
Continued Adoption Advances DDN’s Standing Among Top500 List Of World’s Fastest Supercomputers By 20 Percent Year-on-Year
SUNNYVALE, CA — February 5, 2013
- Over two-thirds of the world’s 100 fastest supercomputers are powered by DataDirect Networks (DDN), according to the latest rankings published by Top500.org.
- With over 170 systems on the world-renowned listing, in 2012 DDN award-winning products saw increased adoption by the HPC community by 20 percent year-over-year among systems listed on the Top500.org November 2012 list.
- Delivering the highest level of platform scalability and performance efficiency, DDN products enable HPC clusters to accelerate discovery and minimize the cost of computing.
- DDN supports more supercomputers and HPC clusters than any other storage vendor, and provides more total storage bandwidth to the Top 500 than all other storage vendors combined.
- Notable new DDN customers in the Top500 list include No. 6, Germany’s Leibniz Rechenzentrum; No. 17, the Tokyo Institute of Technology; No. 23, the U.K.’s University of Edinburgh, and No 24, the National Computational Infrastructure of Australian National University.
- DDN also is the only vendor with Top500 customers on each continent that had Top500 sites on the November list.
“The global topic of HPC is more vital than ever as ‘Big Data’ computing has democratized much of the requirements and corresponding technologies that DDN has been investing in for over a year. At the highest end of scale — whether in HPC, in web scale computing environments or with high-scale Big Data analytics — our solutions, experience, and global partner network have established DDN as the de facto standard for scalable and efficient data-intensive computing infrastructure. We continue to invest heavily in our massively scalable storage portfolio of products to exceed the expectations of our customers all around the world — making a difference today and bridging the market to the exascale era,” said Erwan Menard, chief operating officer, DDN.
- More on DDN Supercomputing
- More on DDN SFA12K-40
- Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/DDN_Limitless and www.twitter.com/DDNBigData
About DataDirect Networks
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is the world leader in massively scalable storage. Our data storage and processing solutions and professional services enable content-rich and high growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver results from their information. Our customers include the world’s leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, media production, and security and intelligence organizations.
Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN’s solutions have been designed, engineered and proven in the world’s most scalable data centers to ensure competitive business advantage for today’s information powered enterprise.
For more information, go to datadirect.wpengine.com or call +1-800-TERABYTE (837-2298).
DDN, SFA, and WOS are trademarks owned by DataDirect Networks. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.