DataDirect Networks and Sierra Detention Systems Collaborate to Offer World Class Physical Security Solution for Scalable Mission Critical Video Surveillance Applications
Joint Solution Helps Users Improve Security and Speed Time-to-Response at Correctional Facilities with Real-Time Video Surveillance Data Capture, Storage and Processing
- DataDirect Networks (DDN) and Sierra Detention Systems are collaborating to deliver an integrated security controls system built on DDN’s SFA® High Performance Storage Engine and Sierra Detention Systems’ PSIM technology that will address the storage infrastructure scalability and real-time data capture needs of the physical security industry, today.
- Thousands of cameras and multiple petabytes of surveillance and sensor data are managed by Sierra’s control system, which was designed to regulate person-flow, safety and security of individuals throughout high-security and correctional facilities, commercial buildings, data centers and public and private campuses.
- DDN SFA technology provides real-time bandwidth as well optimized delivery of low-latency access to spinning (HDD) and Flash (SSD) media – resulting in best-in-class IOPS performance. The result is a highly scalable, dense and energy efficient archive platform that is easy to setup and manage from within the interface, providing rapid access to surveillance and sensor data.
- The fully integrated DDN and Sierra Detention Systems solution provides a single pane view of the entire security environment, powered by DDN’s highly resilient, scalable SFA storage architecture. When used together, the solution provides streaming of high-definition video to a single, high-density DDN system for real-time data capture and video archiving.
Maricopa County Sheriff’s Department Selects DDN-Sierra Detention Systems for Scalable, Reliable Video Surveillance Storage System
- Maricopa County Sheriff’s Department in Phoenix, Arizona was facing problems storing and managing multiple petabytes of video surveillance data from approximately 3,000 cameras, in addition to consolidating multiple disparate security sensor data into one common operating picture.
- Responsible for the safety of officers, employees and inmates, the Sheriff’s Office needed to be able to collect video surveillance and sensor data at high speeds, secure the data in different locations and then retrieve it quickly, all inside a single pane view.
- The Sheriff’s Office turned to DDN and Sierra Detention Systems for an integrated high performance, high availability video surveillance technology solution, capable of seamlessly scaling from five petabytes up to as many as 30 petabytes as site requirements evolve.
PD Sims, Sierra Detention Systems’ Director of Engineering:
- “Sierra Detention Systems and DDN products are highly complementary and seamlessly create the efficiencies between life safety requirements and daily facility operations of law enforcement and surveillance intensive systems. Today, our customers are benefitting from the expanded surveillance storage archiving functionality this new solution provides.”
Jeff Denworth, Vice President of Marketing at DDN:
- “DDN and Sierra Detention Systems have teamed up to provide customers a solution that represents the best-of-breed in video collection and content management, built and designed for the very high performance mission critical needs of today’s physical security applications. Our integrated solution gives customers all the functionality and collaboration they need with the speed of a high performance, hard disk-based storage platform.”
- About SFA 10K-X
- Watch SFA Product Demo
- DDN Solution Brief: Megapixel Camera Deployments
- Follow DDN via Blog and Twitter
About Sierra Detention Systems | www.sierradetentionsystems.com
Sierra Detention Systems, and its sister company, Sierra Systems Integration develop security infrastructure for high-security facilities in the correctional and commercial and industrial markets, respectively. A leading integrator for security and intelligent controls systems, the companies secure the nation’s most critical buildings and populations.
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is the world leader in massively scalable storage. Our data storage and processing solutions and professional services enable content-rich and high growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver business results from their information. Our customers include the world’s leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, media production, and security and intelligence organizations. Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN’s solutions have been designed, engineered and proven in the world’s most scalable data centers to ensure competitive business advantage for today’s information powered enterprise. For more information, go to datadirect.wpengine.com or call 1-800-837-2298.
©2013 DataDirect Networks, Inc., DDN, Storage Fusion Architecture, SFA12K, and SFA10K are trademarks or registered trademarks of DataDirect Networks, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. DataDirect Networks and other parties may also have trademark rights in other terms used herein.