DataDirect Networks Joins the OpenPOWER Foundation
- DDN took another step in its relentless commitment to delivering market-leading HPC and big data storage innovation by today announcing it has joined the OpenPOWER Foundation, which seeks to create an open ecosystem, using the IBM POWER architecture, to serve the evolving needs of customers.
- HPC technologies are being adopted throughout the Enterprise to accelerate big data and large-scale workloads. Working with the OpenPOWER Foundation, DDN will help partners and customers drive HPC infrastructure technologies further into Enterprise markets, which include DDN’s fastest growth markets – financial services, oil and gas and large scale web, cloud and service providers.
- As the most trusted HPC and big data storage market leader with more than two-thirds of the identifiable sites among the world’s 500 fastest computers relying on DDN storage infrastructure solutions, DDN consistently works within the technology community to drive innovation advances and deliver the technology that enables today’s data driven world.
Tweet this: .@DDN_Limitless joins the #OpenPOWER Foundation http://bit.ly/1uUHhJ8Supporting Quotes
Molly Rector, chief marketing officer, DDN
- “For more than a decade, DDN has been recognized as the market leader for innovative HPC, Big Data and Enterprise storage solutions that accelerate workflows and bottom-line results. DDN’s participation in the IBM OpenPOWER consortium allows us to stay abreast of the latest technology developments in today’s rapidly changing market, and to continue to deliver the innovative, end-to-end infrastructure solutions that meet and exceed the technology requirements for the most data-intensive workflows in the world.”
Calista Redmond, director of OpenPOWER Global Alliances for IBM
- “We are pleased to have DDN join the OpenPOWER Foundation as we continue to pioneer a new era of computing that’s defined by open collaboration, customization and innovation. DDN shares a passion for innovation in storage and complements the growth of software and hardware oriented offerings for large scale, data-driven businesses. As part of the foundation, DDN will be able to grow innovations together with other members on OpenPOWER technology to build a robust ecosystem of applications for large and emerging workloads.”Supporting Resources
• Read about DDN’s top ranking in TOP500 Global Supercomputing List
• Read about DDN’s annual High Performance Computing Trends Survey
• Read about DDN’s HPCwire Readers’ and Editors’ Choice Awards
• More on DDN Big Data Platforms
• More on DDN Customers
• Follow DDN via Blog and Twitter
• Read more about OpenPOWER
About DataDirect Networks
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is the world leader in massively scalable storage. Our data storage and processing solutions and professional services enable content-rich and high growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver business results from their information. Our customers include the world’s leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, media production, and security and intelligence organizations. Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN’s solutions have been designed, engineered and proven in the world’s most scalable data centers to ensure competitive business advantage for today’s information powered enterprise. For more information, go to datadirect.wpengine.com or call 1-800-837-2298.
©2015 All rights reserved. DataDirect Networks, Inc. and DDN are trademarks owned by DataDirect Networks.